In honor of Leap Day, I’m joining up with some fellow bloggers for a Leap Around the Blogosphere, inspired by blogger Jessica from Look Who Found the Marbles. It’s a fun idea for readers to get to know us better by answering a list of questions about ourselves. Feel free to add your answers in the comments section, or create a post and add the URL in a comment. Here’s what I’ve got:
1. My childhood nickname was Annie. My family and some of my childhood friends still call me by that name. And no, it’s not because I was a moppet with curly red hair who belted “The sun’ll come out…tomorrow!”
2. If you want to spoil me rotten, give me a gift certificate for the best pedicure ever at a glamorous spa where I can sip pink champagne overlooking Central Park on a rainy day. A shame I can’t be more specific!
3. The television character I most identify with is Clair Huxtable. Classy, sassy, smart, laughed as often as possible, adored her kids and kept her husband in line.
4. If I had a whole day to go shopping and money to spend, I would go to Bergdorfs for handbags and makeup, Barneys to sample perfumes, and the shoe floor at Saks. Although a glorious day in sunny Beverly Hills Ã¡ la Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman sounds good too.
5. The most wild and crazy thing I have ever done (that I can admit to publicly) is shaving my legs in front of my Oral Presentation class at Boston U. We had to do a 2-minute demonstration for (the recently departed) Dave Maynard’s class during which we were required to speak continuously. I couldn’t come up with anything else, so I went for the shock factor instead. Thankfully I have pretty good legs. I got an A.
6. The one thing on my bucket list that I am most eager to do is see the Eagles in concert. I know, pretty lame. I’m really not as high maintenance as you think.
7. My family will always be loyal to each other and Charmin Ultra Soft toilet paper. Hopefully in that order.
8. If I could spend a day with a celebrity I would choose Kelly Ripa. I’m actually not a viewer, and I honestly have no idea why I just wrote her name, but she seems spunky, stylish, and adorable, and it might be fun to hop around the city with her.
9. In my opinion, the best invention in the history of the world is wine. No explanation needed.
10. When life hands me lemons, I smile, secretly flip off the world for a moment or two, and know that I’ll inevitably come out stronger, braver and with more character on the other end.