I’m a huge believer in having an attitude of gratitude. Life takes you on a journey, and having an attitude of gratitude helps keep things in perspective and focus on the positive stuff, both big and small. Writing a gratitude journal is a wonderful way to record and reflect upon the kindnesses, delights and blessings that have come your way. Here’s my gratitude journal for this week:
• Wow, I don’t think I’ll ever forget the spectacular celebration for Sting’s 60th birthday at the Beacon Theatre. He was amazing, his guests were legendary, and the evening was a class act all the way.
• And speaking of the Sting celebration, I was so touched to hear from the “mums” of several soldiers from the bagpipe and drum corps, who reached out to me to express their gratitude for sharing clips of their sons performing at the show. Their appreciation was palpable, and their civility was refreshing.
• Hat’s off to Simone, the helpful manager with impeccable taste at Men’s Wearhouse, who helped outfit four boys with suits, shirts, ties, belts and socks in just over an hour flat! And I’m even more grateful for the “buy one, get one free” sale!
• Hygienist appointment. Squeaky-clean teeth. A little thing that always makes me smile!
• So happy to have gotten a burst of creative inspiration. It has reinforced the fact that it’s never the response to my work that gives me fulfillment and energy, but the process and result.
So what’s one thing you’re grateful for this week? Something big? Something small? Let’s get a little gratitude network going!