I’m loving the “30 days of gratitude” meme that a bunch of my Facebook friends are doing, and I sincerely hope you’ll join me throughout the rest of the year sharing your gratitude journal on Gratitude Friday. I swear you’ll find loads of things to be grateful for in say, March and June too!
• I’m grateful to have been able to spend the week preparing for Matt’s bar mitzvah this weekend. My joy is in the details, and I don’t remember planning an event with so little stress the week before.
• I can’t express enough thanks to my twin team, Jake and Zack, of “SunReiser Productions” for their expertise on the video montage for Matt. These two guys are tech geniuses with calm demeanors and infinite patience, and it was a pleasure – and a huge relief – to work on this project with them.
• What an amazing opportunity it is to write the parents’ blessing that I will read at the bar mitzvah service. It was a privilege and a thrill to write from the heart about my youngest baby and my hopes, wishes and dreams for him!
• I am incredibly touched and overwhelmed by the generosity of so many in supporting Matt‘s fundraising effort for the NYU Cochlear Implant Center in honor of his bar mitzvah. His inspiring story and noble gesture seem to have touched a lot of hearts, and I am awed by the kindness of friends and acquaintances who not only aren’t on the guest list, but I haven’t seen in almost 30 years. I am truly blessed to have such special, caring friends in my life!
• Continually overwhelmed by the amount of talent within our high school, and seeing the Staples Players’ performance of West Side Story was no exception. I am so grateful to live in a community with such a top-notch public high school.
• Sometimes it’s the little moments that make a big difference, and that’s just how my week kicked off. Standing in line to check out at HomeGoods, I got to appreciate the flickering then illuminating smile of an infant in a bucket stroller who noticed his mama standing over him. That sweet baby made my day, and kicked off my whole week on a delightful note.
• I am so grateful to be welcoming my family to my home this afternoon to kick off what I know will be a joyful weekend. Being able to share “simchas” with family and friends is what it’s all about.
Hope it’s been a wonderful week for you, and have a terrific weekend and a meaningful Thanksgiving.