I think it’s great that so many friends take part in the “30 days of gratitude” meme on Facebook during November, and I sincerely hope some of you will join me in sharing your gratitude throughout the whole year. I guarantee you can find an abundance of things to be grateful for in say, March and June too!
Since it’s Veterans Day today, I first and foremost want to express my most heartfelt gratitude to all those who have served to ensure freedom for me and my family. Even though I don’t explicitly list it in my weekly gratitude journal, I am thankful every single day for the sacrifices they and their loved ones have made and continue to make on my behalf, and on behalf of our nation.
And without further ado, here’s the rest of my gratitude journal for the week:
• I give thanks for the opportunity to spend a professional development day with my oldest son at a media summit in New York. It was enlightening for both of us, and I know it inspired him and gave him pause to think about the future of media and technology.
• Two seats at the sushi bar with Totsu. His warm smile, calm demeanor and incredible expertise made for a most relaxing and delicious evening. It was much-needed, and greatly appreciated.
• A three-hour coffee with my pal. Three hours never goes by faster than when we sit and gossip without regard for time.
• Take-out. You saved my ass twice this week.
• Can’t even begin to thank my twin live-in IT specialists! What you do for me is remarkable, and you are both dazzlingly talented and creative. You guys ROCK!
Looking forward to a fun weekend, and a super-productive week next week as we roll into bar mitzvah weekend! Wishing you the same (well, minus the bar mitzvah weekend).