Eric Barker at Barking Up the Wrong Tree wrote a great piece called What 10 Things Should You Do Every Day to Improve Your Life? and — no surprise — #4 was expressing gratitude. Gratitude, as he writes, will make you happier, will improve your relationships, can make you a better person, and can make life better for everyone around you.
I’m up for all that! So here’s what’s on my gratitude list this week:
• There’s a national dialogue about reducing gun violence. I’m not sure what meaningful change will come of it, but it’s an important step in the right direction.
• Chicken soup. The piping hot kind I threw together in a pot, not the stuff for the soul.
• Spending some special only-child time with my oldest kid (and discovering a yummy sushi place in the process)
• “Best In Show” — can’t believe I never saw it, and very appreciative for the out-loud laughs it brought this week! (And props to my sister, who brought it to my attention.)
• Getting back in touch with an old friend with whom it’s like no time passes, no matter how much time has passed.
• Miserable as a sinus infection is, and ragdoll-y as I’ve felt, I’m grateful it’s not the flu.
So what’s on your gratitude list this week?